Offshore Marine Contractors (OMC) has completed an EMAS AMC contract to perform the positioning, installation and heading control for the hook-up operations of a new floating storage and offloading (FSO) unit in the Bouri Field (water depth of 170 meters) Mediterranean Sea offshore Libya.
The scope of the work consisted of:
- Switch over from two vessels in towing mode to three vessels on arrival for manoeuvring in the field.
- Hook-up the first three anchor legs in three vessel mode
- Hook-up the remaining six anchor legs in one vessel mode
- Perform the 360° clockwise and anti-clockwise rotations
- Heading control for the FSO during Riser and subsea cable installation, Pre-commissioning for risers, flowlines and power cables and all other diving works
The OMC provided Tow masters were responsible for all FSO and vessel spread movements for the full project duration. The project completed in November 2016 has proved to be a successful progression of a long lasting co-operation between EMAS and OMC.